Resume / CV
Malwarebytes – Site Reliability EngineerMarch 2018 – May 2018
- Deploy, administer, monitor, and optimize enterprise cloud applications in AWS
- Create process and deployment automation tools.
- Develop tools to build, maintain, and monitor systems.
- Evangelize cloud best practices across engineering teams.
- Create comprehensive documentation to a level by which processes are reproducible by others.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends in cloud technology and in IT processes.
- Participate in on-call rotation to support our production systems.
- Demonstrated technical capabilities as well as are people skills.
- Work collaboratively and effectively with a range of stakeholders.
Sourcetoad, LLC. – Senior Software Engineer / Tech Lead / DevOps Feb. 2014 – March 2018
- Mentor and train junior engineers in software engineering best practices
- Pioneer the testing, justification, and implementation of new technologies and processes
- Developed multiple RESTful API services
- Technical Lead on multiple projects; rapid iteration to ongoing application support
- Participated in team based projects to produce deliverables per documented specs
- Assisted in maintaining internal tool set to keep abreast of industry evolution
Tech Data – Sr. Level PHP Developer (6mo. contract) Nov. 2015 – Mar. 2016
- Developed utility to process data fix tickets, reduced handle time by 80%
- Coordinated with business teams to implement value add features such as SSO, vendor integrations.
- Assisted Lead Application Architect with project planning, feature requirement, mentoring and training
- Assisted DevOps teams with migrating legacy systems to modern architectural standards
HealthPlan Services – Developer Aug 2012 – Jan 2014
- Produced and maintained team management tools
- Interface with system specialists to produce useful reporting tools
- Improve on existing code base using industry recommended best practices
GSA Applications – Developer May 2012 – Aug 2012
- Interface with customers and convert customer needs into contract fulfillment
- Managed a 3 person team using SCRUM/Agile to meet deliverables requirements
- Customize SugarCRM to refine custom workflow and migration
- Decreased average deliverable time from 6 months to 6 weeks
Traderplanet.com – Jr.Developer Sept 2010 – Feb 2012
- Implement site wide enhancements and patches as dictated by the project roadmap
- Test, debug, and refactored existing code base for efficiency and optimization
- Interfaced with project stakeholders to facilitate feature change requests
- Languages: PHP, Python, SQL, HTML, CSS, JS
- Design Principles: API, MVC, MVVM, REST, MVVM. MVP
- Technologies: Git, AWS Cloud Services, Docker, Jenkins, Continuous Integration / Deployment, Terraform
- Processes: SCRUM, Agile, SDLC,
- Amazon Web Services: Cloud Practitioner 2017, Solution Architect Associate 2017
- BFA from IADT-Tampa; graduated with honors (Cum-Laude), 2009
Social / Web
- Blog: https://davidjeddy.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/David_J_Eddy
- GitHub: https://github.com/davidjeddy
- StackShare: https://stackshare.io/davidjeddy
- Stack Overflow: https://stackoverflow.com/users/1572657/david-j-eddy
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/djeddy/
- Keybase: https://keybase.io/davidjeddy