Sourcetoad, LLC. – Senior Software Engineer Feb. 2014 – current
Mentor and train intern / junior level engineers
- Pioneer the testing, justification, and initial adoption of new technologies: vagrant, docker, distributed system, AWS hosting, peer review process, code life cycle.
- Developed multiple RESTful APIs
- Technical Lead on multiple PHP based backend systems
- Worked in team based projects to produce deliverable based on provided specs
- Helped maintain internal tool repositories to keep abreast of industry evolvement
- Improved existing applications using industry best practices and recommendations
Tech Data – Sr. Level PHP Developer (contract) Nov. 2015 – Mar. 2016
- Developed utility to process data fix tickets, reduced handle time by 80%
- Interfaced with project business team to quantify wanted feature adds
- Scoped, developed, and deploy multiple application improvements to multiple global market regions: Single sign-on, vendor integrations, improved order processing
- Assisted Lead Application Architect project planning of future feature requirements
- Assisted DevOps teams with migrating legacy systems to current architectural standards in regards to software versioning, application handling, and code quality
- Assisted Lead Application Architect with mentoring and training of peers / new hires
HealthPlan Services, Tampa FL. – Developer Aug 2012 – Jan 2014
- Produced and maintained team management tools
- Interface with system specialists to produce useful reporting tools
- Improve on existing code base using industry recommended best practices
GSA Applications, Oldsmar FL. – Developer May 2012 – Aug 2012
- Interface with customers and convert customer needs into contract fulfillment
- Managed a 3 person team using SCRUM to meet deliverables requirements
- Customize SugarCRM with server side script to refine custom workflow and migration
Traderplanet.com, Wesley Chapel FL. – Jr.Developer Sept 2010 – Feb 2012
- Implement site wide enhancements and patches as dictated by the project
- Test, debug, and refactored existing code base for efficiency and optimization.
- Interfaced from project manager to out sourced solutions providers.
- Git, AWS, Docker, Jenkins, Continuous Integration
- For a more detailed list https://stackshare.io/davidjeddy/personal-stack
BFA received from IADT-Tampa; graduated with honors (Cum-Laude), 2009
- AWS Solutions Assoc
- AWS Developer Assoc.
- AWS DevOps Assoc.
- Zend PHP